In Vitro fertilization is a process by which an egg is fertilized by sperm outside the body. The process involves monitoring and stimulating a woman's ovulatory process, removing an ovum or ova (egg or eggs) from the woman's ovaries and letting sperm fertilize them in a liquid in a laboratory. The fertilized egg (zygote) is cultured for 2–6 days in a growth medium and is then implanted in the same or another woman's uterus, with the intention of establishing a successful pregnancy.
Natural ways of conception are on the decrease nowadays. Many couples are solving issues of conception using scientific techniques such as IVF which is also known as In vitro Fertilization. Originally, It’s termed as Test-Tube baby, because the procedure was developed nearly 30 years ago. It will be suggested, when a woman suffered from fallopian tube damage. As of today, the technique has been used to treat other issues of conception as well.
What does the treatment procedure of IVF involve?
IVF techniques can be used in different types of situations. The treatment procedure is very simple. It begins with a course of hormones being administered to increase the development of follicles in the ovary. After this, the eggs are collected and they are fertilized in a test tube. This results in the development of embryos. The embryos are then placed in an incubator for a period of two to five days.
Next, the fertilized embryos are transferred to the uterus through the vagina. Only one or two of them are used in this process and the rest are frozen. On transfer to the uterus, not all embryos will attach to walls of the uterus and thus, results in a pregnancy. The percentage of success is only 50% when compared to normal pregnancy, and the percentage of success decreases with age. The success rate for individuals above the age of 35 years is below 50%. Keeping these reasons in mind, frozen eggs are kept aside for another trial.
What are the benefits of IVF?
- IVF Succeeds: IVF always has a higher rate of success when compared to other infertility treatments. Most individuals go through a lot of fertility treatments and procedures before they come to terms with IVF. You can save a lot of time by
- consulting the right doctor
- Donated Eggs & Sperms: In situations when your egg or sperm is not medically usable, donated eggs or sperms can be used. The egg is fertilized externally in the clinic and introduced into the uterus
- Healthy Baby: Genetic screening is a part of the process used in IVF; where PGD also known as Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis is done to ensure a healthy baby.
- Miscarriages: The body naturally terminates the pregnancy if there’s a genetic disorder. Since PGD is used in IVF, chances of miscarriages through genetic disorders are nil.
- Conception: Increased percentage of conception is noted in IVF when compared to other assisted techniques of conception. Chances of fertilization are high and babies born are healthy.
Ponni Hospital offers Best IVF Treatment in Madurai with the help of dedicated team of doctors and other staff.
Visit us: www.ponnitesttubebabycentre.com
Mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org